WINTER SERIES 2018/19 DATES
SAVE THE DATES for the Winter Series 2018 / 2019, more information, venues, race categories etc to be announced soon…
4th November 2018
9th December 2018
13th January 2019
17th February 2019
KLMTB Winter Series 2017/18
Our popular Winter Series is over for another year.
See the final series positions here; www.klmtbracing.com/series_results
A back to basics MTB race series for novices to seasoned racers. This race series will go across two counties, taking in some old favourites and a new & exciting venue, over four rounds. The Winter Series truly has something for all abilities.
Every round will be supported with the famous KL MTB Cake stand offering the best home-made cakes and hot drinks.
Each round will have professional timing from Timelaps with on the day results available.
There will be a total limit of 250 riders per event, so it will never be too congested on the course – this does mean places will sell out!
1 Hour Race
This race is for the novice or Youth rider, looking to gain the experience of what mountain bike racing in East Anglia is all about. All competitors in this race category will receive finish positions and overall classification but there will be no prizes offered. As a result we are able to offer a reduced entry fee. This category is purely to gain experience of mountain bike racing.
1.5 Hour Race
Racing on the same course as the longer three hour race, entrants will race for one and a half hours plus one lap, with the winner being decided upon the rider who completes the most amount of laps in the allotted time. As long as you start your last lap before the 1hr 30minutes is up the lap will count towards your overall race position.
3 Hour Race
Test your endurance throughout the winter with the three hour race. Like the one and a half hours race, entrants will race for three hours plus one lap. So if you start your last lap before the three hour time limit is up this will count towards you final finishing position. The winner will be deemed by the greatest number of laps completed during the race.
On race day there will prizes and medals for the top three finishes in the 1.5 and 3 hour races for each category and overall series points awarded to all.
|1 Hour Race||1.5 Hours + 1 Lap||3 Hours + 1 Lap|
|Male 18+||Senior Male (19-39)||Senior Male (19-39)|
|Female 18+||Senior Female (19-39)||Senior Female (19-39)|
|Youth Male (14-16)||Veteran Male (40+)||Veteran Male (40+)|
|Youth Female (14-16)||Veteran Female (40+)||Veteran Female (40+)|
|Junior Male (16-18)|
|Junior Female (16-18)|
*Categories are based upon your age on the 30th October 2017.
Round 1 Details
- Date: Sunday 5th November 2017
- Venue: FR24 Santon Downham, Norfolk. IP27 0RE
- Course Details: FR24 is always a popular venue but with some truly expert local knowledge we have been able to create you a course that is a real pleasure to ride and the perfect series opener. Approximately a six mile lap with awesome flowing, smooth single-track and enough fire-road sections to make overtaking an ease.
Round 2 Details
- Date: Sunday 10th December 2017
- Venue: West Bilney Woods, Common Road, West Bilney, King’s Lynn, PE32 1JX
- Course Details: Our newest and most exciting course. A mixture of tight, twisty, technical single-track and sharp fire road climbs. Riding this course will certainly make your legs burn. We feel Bilney truly proves Norfolk aint flat!
Round 3 Details
- Date: Sunday 14th January 2018
- Venue: FR 6, Brandon Country Park, B1106, Shakers Road, Brandon, IP27 0SS
- Course Details: Returning to an old favourite with Alan from Thetford Racing creating roughly a six mile course that incorporates old favourites and some new single-track in this area of the forest.
Round 4 Details
- Date: Sunday 18th February 2018
- Venue: Shouldham Warren, Shouldham, Norfolk, PE33 0BY
- Course Details: Rapidly becoming a firm favourite as one of the East of England’s best mountain bike venues with challenging climbs and fast flowing single-track, we return to the home of KL MTB, Shouldham Warren.
For the top three finishers in each category for the 1.5 and 3 hour races round prizes and trophies will be awarded.
There’ll also be spot prizes up for grabs on the day.
To compete for the series title, you must ride at least three rounds to count in the same category. Your top three results will be used to work out the series rankings. The rider with the most accrued points from three rounds will be deemed the Revel Outdoors Winter Series 2017/18 Champion for their respective race and category.
Youth (14-16) and Juniors (16-18)
King’s Lynn MTB Club is built upon the foundations of promoting cycling for all, from the ground up. For our second Winter Series we have sourced a generous donation aimed at encouraging both male and female Junior riders, 16 to 18 year olds, to race the series and compete for some truly spectacular prizes! The donation gained will allow us to offer free entry to the first 30 junior male or female entrants in this category for each round. In addition we are offering the top 3 finishers, male and female, in each junior category a top quality prize on the day.
For overall placings and series winners: this will work the same as the adults. Based upon accumulated points from your best three of the four junior rounds. Series trophies and prizes are on offer. Under British Cycling rules this age group will only be able to enter the 1.5 hour race.
To qualify for the Junior category it will be dependent upon your age as of the first round (30th October 2017).
To enter the Junior category and receive the free entry simply:
- Enter each round via the race website klmtbracing.com
- Complete all your details, accept the T&Cs and pay the entry fee(s) via PayPal.
- On race day you will need to sign on, start the race and complete at least 1 lap
- After the race your entry fee will be refunded via PayPal
This offer is valid for the first 30 entrants, either female and/or male riders
Revel Outdoors Winter Series 2016/17
Visit klmtbracing.com for more details and online entry!
This race series will go across two counties, taking in some old favourites and a new & exciting venue, over four rounds.